Views
Helpful
Replies

Comparison with Checkpoint

Mero Cisco
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I don't think this is the right place to discuss this topic but anyway I want to gather some point regarding the comparision between ASA and checkpoint. Which is better and why ? Pricing of checkpoint is high but which one is best for security reason.

Regards,

Mero

2 Replies 2

patrick.preuss
Level 1
Level 1

Hi

Depends on the features you are looking for. Both are packet filters and do some upperlayer functions like IDS deeppacket inspection.

All firewalls i know like the ASA checkpoint juniper netscreen can do most of the things you want to do.

Interessting point may be you company policy, amount oft devices you will deploy and other sizing points. Like IPS VPN etc. Central management. Existing knowledge in the manufacture Plattform, high avail features.

So can you Plesse be a little more specific which are you looking for

Hth

Sent from Cisco Technical Support Android App

Dear Preuss,

Thanks for your kind response.

I am looking for the following features:

1. Threat Emulation

2. IPS

3. Application Control

4. URL Filtering

5. Anti-Bot

6. Antivirus

7. Identity Awareness

8. DLP

9. Web Security

10. Anti-Spam & Email Security

The single device is sufficient for us, as our network is small. The main concern is the fight with the latest security vulnerabilities. Please elaborate on the basis of the given features.

Thanks in advance.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: