Views
Helpful
Replies

Configuration restore Error

pascal.lepesant
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I am trying to restore a IPS configuration after a re-image with the same version.

Model: AIP-SSM-10

I get the following error:

Error: Invalid configuration: 'Error: /enabled/password/ -- the value is empty and has no default

Example:

sensor# copy ftp://user@xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx/config.txt current-config

Password: ***********

Warning: Copying over the current configuration may leave the box in an unstable state.

Would you like to copy current-config to backup-config before proceeding? [yes]: no

Warning: Replacing existing network-settings may leave the box in an unstable state.

Would you like to replace existing network settings(host-name/ipaddress/netmask/gateway/access-list) on the sensor? [no]: yes

Error: Invalid configuration: 'Error: /enabled/password/ -- the value is empty and has no default

Anybody has an idea of the cause of the problem ?

Thank-You!

Pascal

1 Reply 1

andrey.dugin
Level 1
Level 1

I suppose that your config stored on ftp-server was repaired by hands and it contains one more "exit" string in signatures configuration section. Then, after this "exit" string you try to enable signature but sensor thinks that this string ("enabled") must be typed in global config mode.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card