cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Express Setup Page unavailable in browser

dcdownsjr
Level 1
Level 1

I have an AIR-LAP2442G-A-K9 that reports that the Express Setup Page is unavailable. The mac address and IP found in the Windows arp  match the bootup stream on the console - so I am fairly certain I have the right address. Some other quirks: unable to set time or access the  global configuration mode even though I have the # prompt . The keyword "configure" is unrecognized, essentially making this device a brick as I can't do the initial set-up or turn the radio on. Any ideas?

The issue seems to have been addressed under a previous discussion "AIR-LAP1242AG-A-K9 configure command does not seem to exist" posted Oct 22, 2007. The problem is the functionality between the LightWeight AP vs the regular AP. A software flash is what is needed.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Leo Laohoo
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

The keyword "configure" is unrecognized

The AP might be running controller-based IOS.

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

Leo Laohoo
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

The keyword "configure" is unrecognized

The AP might be running controller-based IOS.

You are correct. It took me some time to interpret just what that meant, but that was it. Lightweight AIR-LAP rather than AIR-AP in the model number says it. Thanks!

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card