cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Fire Power IPS License Problem

Ibrahim Bhuiyan
Level 1
Level 1

I have two ASA5515 Friewall from last 3 years. But I have recently installed a Fire Power Module in these firewall. and also I have purchased FirePower IPS license (L-ASA5515-TA=) for this module. This license is entitle with a smart account. But problem is there is no PAK Key and I cant download the license. After R&D I can understand that to enable FirePower IPS License need Control+Protection (ASA5515-CTRL-LIC=) license. Since I couldnt purchase this firewall with Fire Power, So how can i arrange this Control+Protection License? as far as I know this license is free.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Marvin Rhoads
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

You need to have your reseller order the zero cost Control+Protection license. Only after it s active on the appliances will have have the IPS entitlement.

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4

Marvin Rhoads
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

You need to have your reseller order the zero cost Control+Protection license. Only after it s active on the appliances will have have the IPS entitlement.

But It already has been past 3 years. so can i ask them for no cost license?

But the problem is we bought them as a ASA Firewall not as a ASA FirePower and then I upgraded newly ASA Firewall with FirePower module. So I think I could not ask them about control liense as a free. What do you think?

Marvin Rhoads
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

You can order the no cost license later after you have upgraded it to an ASA with Firepower service module. A more knowledgeable partner would have advised you to get that along with the SSD and other licenses, but you can still get it ordered separately.

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card