Views
Helpful
Replies

Firepower 4100 SFP interface issue

shivanandh
Level 1
Level 1

Hi All,

I am new to Firepower and have been given the task to configure Cisco Firepower 4110 (FXOS 2.1.1 and FTD 6.2). During initial configuration I had tried to configured the Firepower via the CLI using the scope command in order to bring the interface up:

Firepower # scope eth-uplink
Firepower /eth-uplink # scope fabric a

Firepower /eth-uplink/fabric # enter interface Ethernet1/1
Firepower /eth-uplink/fabric/interface # enable

but the interface did not come up so i used the'no' prefix to the command in order to undo my changes but did not work in this new operating system,

Now I am unable to bring up this interface and its Operation Status is showing as failed when I check the interface physically I found out the SFP module is not even firing up its lazer.

Please suggest how do I revert any changes done only to this interface and also can data traffic be sent through an interface that had been assigned as a management(mgmt) interface?

Firepower /eth-uplink/fabric # show interface

Interface:
    Port Name       Port Type          Admin State Oper State       State Reason
    --------------- ------------------ ----------- ---------------- ------------
    Ethernet1/1     Data               Enabled     Failed           SFP checksum error

2 Replies 2

Hi

Were you able to resolve this?

Ken6
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

after enable, you must give >> commit-buffer

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card