cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Firepower - Geoblocking countries

Humongous
Level 1
Level 1

I geoblock traffic from most countries.  I have run into a few websites that my clients need access to but are located in one of the blocked countries.  Is there a way to allow these websites through AND continue to block other traffic from the country w/o having to purchase the URL Filtering license from Cisco?  Thanks in advance!

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Marvin Rhoads
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

If you want to take any policy action (monitor, block, allow by exception, etc.) for individual URLs then you need the URL Filtering licensing.

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

Marvin Rhoads
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

If you want to take any policy action (monitor, block, allow by exception, etc.) for individual URLs then you need the URL Filtering licensing.

That is what I thought - just wanted to verify - thanks!

Were you trying to allow a specific URL (http://example.com/thing1.html) or just the site (example.com or 150.234.210.205)?

The latter shouldn't take a URL filtering license; the Security Intelligence whitelist/blocklist can handle that.

(I realize this was a year and a half ago...)

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card