Views
Helpful
Replies

Firepower Management Center

arturzegre
Level 1
Level 1

Hi Guys

I've doubt regarding FTD, I hope you can clarify me.

In platform Firepower v5.4, that can manage ASA 5500-X (FirePOWER Services only). I've a project that customer have around 30 Cisco ASA of 5505, 5510, and we're proposing a replacement, I'm considering 5506 using only Firewall services (ASA image).

My question is, FTD can manage this? Or I need to use Multidevice Cisco Security Manager .

If anyone can help me would be great .

Best Regards

4 Replies 4

leciscokid
Level 1
Level 1

If you're only managing security policy on the ASAs (Layer 4 type policy, five-tuple ACL and NAT , VPN) you're really better off with CDO.

http://www.cisco.com/c/dam/en/us/products/collateral/security/defense-orchestrator/at-a-glance-c45-736943.pdf

If you don't intend to run Firepower Services (Threat, AMP, URL)

jai.singla
Level 1
Level 1

I guess, Best thing can be done here if you dont have FMC hardware, install it on the VM, add the remote ASA ( have software based SFR modules). There you can add the licensing as per requirement i;e protection,control, AMP etc at FMC for each remote SFR

arturzegre
Level 1
Level 1

HI Guys

Thanks for the feedback.

I propose Cisco Defense Orchestrator for ASA5506, that was the better solution I found in this case, because the competion is proposing a FWaaS.

Thank you all.

Kind Regards

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card