Views
Helpful
Replies

FMC Netflow Question

benolyndav
Level 4
Level 4

Hi

Recently upgraded to 7.0.6.2-65 and Netflow has stopped working any ideas why and if so Is there some instructions you can share for me to put this right again.??

Thankyou

23 Replies 23

@benolyndav on older versions you can only configure netflow using flexconfig, can you confirm the flexconfig settings are still deployed to the FTD?

https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/support/docs/quality-of-service-qos/netflow/216126-configure-netflow-secure-event-logging-o.html

@Rob Ingram 

They are there on the list but dont seem to be in te policy anymore

benolyndav_0-1719218876923.png

@benolyndav the quickest and easiest solution might just be to reconfigure, assign the policy to the FTD and redeploy. Using the link above to reconfigure.

@Rob Ingram 
I thought I had to delete this policy first?? are you saying I can just create a new one from scrtach and deploy,?

Thanks

@benolyndav it looks like the policy is empty and nothing configured? Either re-apply the configuration settings to the existing objects and deploy or create new flexconfig objects and deploy.

@Rob Ingram 
We have another x2 FTDs also that are managed by a different FMC and they still have the objects present, is it going to be easier to delete all the Flexconfig objects for Netflow and start again, I see there is built in objects to remove Fleconfig objects ??

@benolyndav yes it seems like the quickest and easiest thing to do.

@Rob Ingram 
So on our other FMC the Flexconfig policy as the destination and parameters objects in the policy but they are the wrong objects, this is since the upgrade to 7.0.6.2,  can I just delete theses objects from the policy and add the correct objects from the list then save and deploy,? is ther anything to be aware of.?

Thanks

@benolyndav remove the old flexconfig objects and add a flexconfig object to delete the old netflow configuration as per below.

RobIngram_0-1721758860889.png

Deploy to clear down the old configuration, then deploy the new settings.

@Rob Ingram 

When I select the objects Delete_Destination and Clear_Parameters they go into the top section and not the bottom section like yours in the image.??

@benolyndav as per the screenshot I provided, which is from the official Cisco guide here.

FYI, netflow is built-in to the FMC GUI from 7.4.

Hi
So I had a look this morning it looks like if I go to create a new Flexconfig policy then I can add the Netflow (Delete_destination, and Clear_parameters) and they do go into the bottom section as per your image, So if I create the new flexconfig policy and add the objects then assign the FTDs to the policy is this another way I clear the flexconfig confguration? then i could re add destination and parameters and deploy again.??

@benolyndav if you do the above, this removes the old entries from the FTD. You then update the policy to apply new settings and deploy to the FTD.

@Rob Ingram 

Ok great, Are Flexconfig changes non disrutive do you know .??

Thanks

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card