cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

FPR1010 Factory Reset

JohnLauder06159
Level 1
Level 1

Is there a way to do a factory reset on this FPR1010? 

The original problem I have is I can ping both 192.168.1.1 and .45.45 but I'm not able to reach the page via browser. "This site can not be reached"

I'm able to communicate via USB console though.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Good job on resolving your own problem and for taking the time for posting the solution! (Thumbs up from me). In addition, what you can do (if you have console access) is:

Connect fxos > erase secure (full factory reset) or erase configuration (System configuration reset)

Thank you for rating helpful posts!

View solution in original post

6 Replies 6

Hi,

You can use the command configure manager delete which will reset the FTD configuration to default. Reference here and here.

HTH

I figure it out. Press and HOLD the reset button.

Good job on resolving your own problem and for taking the time for posting the solution! (Thumbs up from me). In addition, what you can do (if you have console access) is:

Connect fxos > erase secure (full factory reset) or erase configuration (System configuration reset)

Thank you for rating helpful posts!

I found mine under connect local management, not fxos.

firewall# connect local-mgmt
firewallw00(local-mgmt)#
cd Change current directory
clear Clear managed objects
config Configure the system
connect Connect to Another CLI
copy Copy a file
cp Copy a file
debug Debugging functions
delete Delete managed objects
dir Show content of dir
end Go to exec mode
erase Erase
erase-log-config Erase the mgmt logging config file

!!! ATTENTION !!!

This solution will only cleat the connection to FMC!
Local user credentials will still remain!

Michael   

I know this is old but for anyone else reading this the solution to the "not able to reach page via browser" is that it expects a secure connection but fails if you try.  You need to use HTTPS://  then when it fails select "go there anyway" or whatever the equivalent is in your browser.  Then you will be given the option to download the Cisco ASDM.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card