Views
Helpful
Replies

High memory usage and error creating access rules

Luis Carranza
Level 1
Level 1

Hi guys

I'm having a problem with the memory and also trying to create some rules on the CISCO ASA. The version that I got installed was the 8.2.5.33 on a CISCO 5520 with 512 RAM, the memory usage is on 99% used, 1% free and because of that when I'm trying to create a new rule the firewall brings me the next error

So what I did was a downgrade to the version 8.2 (4) 4 and the memory went down a little (82% used, 18% free) but I still got the error when I'm creating an access rule on the device. One thing and I'm not sure if this could affect on the performance are the number of access list and the object groups that are created.

I already open a case with CISCO TAC and they are checking if the problem is with the memory capacity or maybe a memory leak.

Also the doubt that I got is with the memory that I got now available should I can create access rules or 82 is still to hig to create a rule or and object group?

Regards

2 Replies 2

Jouni Forss
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi,

Can you check what is the amount of ACEs you have on the ACLs in use?

I think if you use the command "show access-list " the first line should give you the total amount of ACEs in the ACL

- Jouni

Hi Jouni

I already execute the command and put the log on a excel and the number of lines are 162393 aprox.

Regards

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card