cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

I am doing some R&D and i want to telnet Imap.gmail.com at 993 port but as discuss with my Network Admin thats its ip change frequently and he can not add all the ip in cisco Asa firewall and also he told me that they have only ip based filtering .

prashantrecon
Level 1
Level 1

I am doing some R&D and i want to telnet Imap.gmail.com at 993 port  but as discuss with my Network Admin thats its ip change frequently and  he can not add all the ip in cisco Asa firewall and also he told me that  they have only ip based filtering .

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Perhaps your company may want to look at other firewalls that can do domain-based filtering.

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4

padatta
Level 1
Level 1

That is right. We can have ip based filtering on ASA.

Perhaps your company may want to look at other firewalls that can do domain-based filtering.

Hi Prashant,

There are 2 ways out of this:

1. you stick to one of the ip addresses of imap.gmail.com and use the ip address instead of the name. Ask your network admin to allow access to that ip address.

2. You yourself use a static ip, (or get a static ip) from the network admin. Then ask him to add an access-list entry like:

access-list acl_name permit tcp host any eq 993

That way you can now access all internet ip's on port 993. These would include all imap.gmail.com ip addresses as well.

Lemme know if it helps.

-Shrikant

thanks, let me do the thig and check

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card