Views
Helpful
Replies

interface 'dataplaneinterface0' is not receiving any packets

marcio.tormente
Level 4
Level 4

Hello folks!

I have 02 ASA 5555 configured with HA, is was working fine, but I can see the error msg "interface 'dataplaneinterface0' is not receiving any packets" in the health monitor, nothing was change.

I´m using FSMC 6.0.

I saw some similar case in this forum, but none have the solution, one case told that was licenses problem, but in my case all licenses are installed.

My policy with class sfr - sfr fail-open is apply.

Other person told that the error was in the standby fw, in my case is int the primary.

Now in the main dashboard I can´t see any information, all the box are "no data".

Anyone knows what can I do?

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

dbriceno
Level 1
Level 1

Hello, Marcio:

If both the ASA and the FSMC shows that there is no traffic or no data to show, it sounds like the traffic is not actually getting to the module... Can you check on your policy configuration to make sure that the proper traffic is being redirected? Also, can you confirm that the module is up and functioning properly?

You can as well clear the service-policy conters and check if the policy for the module redirection increases in traffic, and also reload the module if you see no response at all (please note that reloading the modules can cause you a failover if the modules are currently being monitored by failover).

Thanks, and please help us rating useful posts! :)

-Diego

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

dbriceno
Level 1
Level 1

Hello, Marcio:

If both the ASA and the FSMC shows that there is no traffic or no data to show, it sounds like the traffic is not actually getting to the module... Can you check on your policy configuration to make sure that the proper traffic is being redirected? Also, can you confirm that the module is up and functioning properly?

You can as well clear the service-policy conters and check if the policy for the module redirection increases in traffic, and also reload the module if you see no response at all (please note that reloading the modules can cause you a failover if the modules are currently being monitored by failover).

Thanks, and please help us rating useful posts! :)

-Diego

Thanks Diego, I made the reload the module and works.

Thanks and sorry for delay.

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card