Helpful
Replies

IOS IPS auto-update

m.renshaw
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I have a couple of questions I hope people could answer:

1) What recommendations/options are available for downloading signature files to a HTTP/TFTP server prior to having the IOS IPS device pull them from the server?  Is their a way to automate the HTTP/TFTP server downloading the signatures? (Cron job or such)

2) Does the signature file name change each time a new signature file is released? If it does, would I have to go back to the router to update the URL string that is configured in the ip ips auto-update section? I would hate to have to update 200 CPE devices each time a new signature file is released.

Hoping someone could answer these or help point me in the right direction to find the answer out.

regards M

1 Reply 1

m.renshaw
Level 1
Level 1

I found this link with answers my one question.

Cisco IOS Intrusion Prevention System (IPS)

Tuning, Deploying and Updating Cisco IOS IPS Signature Sets For Multiple-Device Deployments

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/prod/collateral/iosswrel/ps6537/ps6586/ps6634/white_paper_c11_549300.html

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card