Multiple Outside Networks ASA - 1 Outside Interface

cceykovsky
Level 1
Level 1

Scenario Example:

Site A 20.0.0.0 (Primary)

Site B 30.0.0.0 (Primary)

Greetings,

From a routing point of view with 2 routers at each site and advertisements via BGP I don't see this being a problem. We'll advertise both networks at each site. However, primarily only site A will get 20.0.0.0 traffic and site B will get 30.0.0.0 traffic. No problems there with NAT and so forth.

What I don't know how to handle at the moment is if say site B fails and site A starts receiving 30.0.0.0 traffic. There will be just a single link between site A's router and firewall, with the 20.x.x.x network. Any recommendations how site A can receive 30.0.0.0 seamlessly if site B were to fail? (from an ASA/NAT Point of view)

Thank you

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Jon Marshall
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Chris

Is it safe to assume that your ASA has a route to the 30.0.0.0 network from it's inside interface ?

If so

static (inside,outside) 30.0.0.0 30.0.0.0 netmask 255.0.0.0

as long as traffic for 30.0.0.0 is then routed to the outside interface of site A firewall it can then accept this traffic and forward it on internally.

If i have misunderstood let me know.

Jon

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

Jon Marshall
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Chris

Is it safe to assume that your ASA has a route to the 30.0.0.0 network from it's inside interface ?

If so

static (inside,outside) 30.0.0.0 30.0.0.0 netmask 255.0.0.0

as long as traffic for 30.0.0.0 is then routed to the outside interface of site A firewall it can then accept this traffic and forward it on internally.

If i have misunderstood let me know.

Jon

Hey Jon,

I think you hit it right on the head and I got that information elsewhere. Apolgize for responding so late, but thank you for the response.

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card