Views
Helpful
Replies

NAC Deployment with Multiple CAS servers

Jaya Prakash
Level 1
Level 1

Dears,

Can any one pls let me know the best way of NAC deployment . I have 3 CAS servers (each having 500 users licence)and the no.of users will be around 1000 mapped in 30 VLANs.

Shall I assign 10 subnets/Vlans to each CAS or all the vlans to be assigned to all CAS servers? Which is the best way? And what happens when any CAS server fails in either case?

Thanks in advance!!!

-JP

1 Reply 1

Federico Ziliotto
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi JP,

Here you would need to choose whether to bet on redundancy or on traffic load:

1. For better traffic load distribution, you may want to assign10 vlans per CAS (assuming that all vlans will have the same amount of users/traffic).

This would give better load distribution, but if one CAS fails the 10 vlans mapped through it will be affected.

2. For better redundancy, you may assign 10 vlans to one CAS and 20 vlans to the other two CAS's configured as an HA pair.

This would give a better redundancy on two CAS's, but it will increase the load (20 vlans insted of 10) since only one CAS's can be active.

Regards,

Fede

--

If  this helps you and/or answers your question please mark the question as  "answered" and/or rate it, so other users can easily find it.

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card