Views
Helpful
Replies

New WAN outside interface doesn't work!

ipv6x
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

At my work we have buy new wan connection.

The topology is

SW_Core ----->FTD---->Outside wan1-2-3

in the SW_Core are 3 vlan:
WAN1 

WAN2 

WAN3 

From  the FTD, 
WAN1 ----> can ping wan1 gw

WAN2 ---> can ping wan2 gw

WAN3 ---> cannot ping wan3 gw.

and i don't now why?

any idea?

Regards,

25 Replies 25

Interesting! Can you please enable ARP debugs on the FTD and try to ping the ISP IP and share the ARP debug output?

arp-send: arp request built from 10.10.1.3 a03d.6eb8.e77e for 10.10.1.4 at 15:24:04.025

arp-in: response at outside_colt from 10.10.1.3 d4eb.6874.0780 for 10.10.1.4 d4eb.6874.0780 having smac d4eb.6874.0780 dmac ffff.ffff.ffff
arp-send: arp request built from 10.10.1.3 a03d.6eb8.e77e for 10.10.3 at 15:24:04.905

this 10.10.1.4 is ISP GW 

Now every this is OK ARP & MAC (as you mention it is correct)
still there is only one think, 
the source of ping are it FTD interface connect to WAN3 or other interface ?
please notice this is FTD not router so it behave is different 

The interface of FTD is connected in core switch because i can't connect directly, the ISP router is in another room CED.

From the output I see the ARP gets resolved so it should work. I would try to connect the FTD interface directly to the WAN3 router and see if it works, or at least try to clear the ARP table on the router by disconnecting the cable that is connected to the switch.

I will do that and let you know, because i can't connect FTD to WAN3 directly because is in another room CED.

can I know what was issue exactly ?

Until we hear back from @ipv6x I'm assuming that it is/was something to do with the ARP table on the ISP device.

@Aref Alsouqi @MHM Cisco World I have removed the wan3 interface from the switch core and cleared the arp in the FTD and reboot the isp router after I connect them again and I try the ping again and it worked.

one more think, are two ISP run HSRP ?

Glad to know the issue is now fixed. I personally think the issue was laying on the ISP router.

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card