Replies

pix replication error

isomemberr
Level 1
Level 1

pls I discovered the following error message in my pix 515 pdm

"[ERR] pdm location x.x.x.x 255.255.255.255 dmz

**** WARNING ***

Configuration Replication is NOT performed from Standby unit to Active unit. Configurations are no longer synchronized."

Also,the following error was got from the pdm log viewer

"Severity =1

time=7/12/2005

Message ID: Description 709006: (Primary) End Configuration Replication (STB)"

please can anyone tell me how to resolve this issue as i cannot access the second pix firewall.

Thanks;

Iso

3 Replies 3

nkhawaja
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

this message

Configuration Replication is NOT performed from Standby unit to Active unit. Configurations are no longer synchronized."

happens when you log into secondary PIX and enter commands.

Error Message %PIX|ASA-1-709006: (Primary) End Configuration Replication (STB)

Explanation This is a failover message. This message is displayed when the standby unit completes replicating a configuration sent by the active unit. (Primary) can also be listed as (Secondary) for the secondary unit.

Recommended Action None required.

so for the other error, you shouldnt be worried

thanks

Nadeem

Thanks Nadeen,

I was worried because i have 2 pix firewalls and 1 is always tripping off( ie the network interfaces just stop responding) When it happens, i do a reboot and its back up. could u tell me what the problem is and possible solutions. I am considering an upgrade of the ios.

can you connect a console to this pix and collect messages at teh time when this PIX trips.

may be it is crashing and an upgrade is needed.

thanks

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card