NAMEIF OUTSIDE1

NO SHUT

VLAN 70

INTERFACE ETHERNET 0/0.2

IP ADDRESS 192.168.21.17 255.255.255.248

NAMEIF OUTSIDE2

NO SHUT

VLAN 80

Problem is that i cannot ping the interface 0/0.1 from my remote link which is connected to this outside. Is there anything i am missing...?

When assign the outside ip address then it is pingable. Otherwise not.....doi have to assign an ip on the 0/0 interface.....? or what.....

My outside interface is serving to remote wan locations. It is required that both traffic should come to the firewall on each different vlan. As per the physical connectivity of the outside interface , the outside interface is connected to 3rd party STM equipment. There is no trunking feature on that equipment. Please advice....

Hassan

4 Replies 4

Jennifer Halim
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Since you are configuring sub-interfaces on Ethernet0/0, then it needs to be connected to a device port that supports trunk, and should be dot1q trunk in particular. If it doesn't support trunk, then you can't configure subinterfaces on ethernet 0/0. You can only use ethernet0/0 as a normal access port.

Hope that helps.

shivani-singh
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

Security Level is missing on the sub-interface

Regards,

Shivani.

all the above interface are outside. security level is set to '0'. sorry for missin this detail above...

thanks

ayman emara
Level 1
Level 1

i agree with jeniffer and instead of that you can make 2 outside interfaces

and one internal but you will have to have 2 links from the 3rd party STM equipment.

Best Regards,

Ayman

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card