Views
Helpful
Replies

Problems with RDP through ASA 550

sasglobal
Level 1
Level 1

Hi all,

I am hoping someone might be able to help me with this one.  I have a cllient who has an ASA 550.  Many people can successfully connect via RDP to a particular machine on their network.  I can connect just fine, but a coworker of mine cannot.  My IP is 173.49.161.193 and my coworkers is 68.200.93.45.  Can anyone offer suggestions as to why I can connect and my coworker cannot?  Trying the packet trace from the my coworker to the destination machine results in a packet dropped by implicit rule.  I am at a loss as to what to try.  As you can tell, I do not have a lot of experience with the ASA 550 and administering it through the ASDM software.

TIA,

Steve

1 Reply 1

m.kafka
Level 4
Level 4

the implicit rule dropping sessions in packet racer is in many cases insufficient or missing nat configuration (depends on the phase of the packet tracer)

would you mind sharing a sanitized config? (replace all personal info and overwrite all passwords etc even encrypted passwords)

also a little network sketch and the copy-paste of the packet tracer might be helpful

rgds, MiKa

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card