Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Recreate objects in Groups after migration to 8.3

Hi all

when I migrated the ASA config from 8.2 to 8.3, in all groups the group members has been replaced by the IP address object. However, the "name" for this object has been migrated, but there is the "object network name" configuration missing.

What I can do now is that I can open the new created object in the ASDM, search for the object with this IP address and then enter the object name I had before. When I apply the config, ASDM then creates the object and replaces all affected objects in all groups, by replacing the object group memeber "network-object host hostname" with "network-object object hostname".

Do you know if there exists an automated way, which checks all the groups for members "network-object host", creates the "object network" and replaces the "network-object hosts" with "network-object object" within the group? As long we have a lot of groups which contains partially > 50 members, this really would be helpful.

Thanks for your inputs

Markus

2 Replies 2

Hi all

Is there anyone who faced the same topic, what would be the best way to get the named objects again within a group?

What I figured out now is that I can add a faked ACE in the ACL, one ACE for each object. With this ACE, at least the network object has been created for all objects. But neverless, the members in the groups are still not updated, at the moment I only see the way that I upate each group manually.

Thanks for all replies.

Markus

Hi all

unfortunately nobody who had this similar situation? Of nobody who uses network objects with a real name, only by IP address?

Thanks a lot for any input.

Markus

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card