cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

SSLVPN/webvpn in multiple context mode?

Oscar Olsson
Level 1
Level 1

We already know that ASA 9.0 supports site-to-site VPN in multiple context mode. But remote access VPN isn't supported. Obviously, SSL-VPN is a very important feature for most multi-tenant deployment scenarios where each context acts as a border firewall towards the Internet for each tenant. The alternative to terminate all tenant remote-access VPNs in one context means that each tenant would have to be routable from the ASA, which of course isn't a reasonable requirement in most cases.

So, what I'd like to do is to deploy an ASA cluster, and provide remote access VPNs for each tenant, where the connectivity for each remote access group can be addressed with whatever IP address space, and that goes into it's own VRF in the back-end.

As far as I can tell, this isn't doable with the ASA, since multiple context mode prohibits the use of remote access VPN, and I can't think of any other work-around than either having individual firewalls running in single context mode for each tenant, or demand that all tenants are interoperable routing-wise and configure a separate ip address pool in a single context mode for each tenant.

Essentially, there's no good way to implement this with multiple virtual firewalls, using cisco firewalls? Or am I missing something?

1 Reply 1

stojanr
Level 1
Level 1

If you set up a pair of single-context ASAs for VPN termination, configure a group policy per customer and use the 'Restrict access to VLAN' feature, you could separate customers' traffic and still just use one FW pair for all customers. This pair would connect to the same switch infrastructure as your multi-context edge firewall and thus allow a consolidated solution.

Sent from Cisco Technical Support iPad App

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card