cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Transfer User Accounts

John Early
Level 1
Level 1

I am in the process of upgrading a client's firewalls from 5520s to 5525-Xs.  I have 2 independent firewalls that are merging into a single firewall.  Both of the source ones have a TON of user accounts defined for remote user VPN, is there any way to move these user accounts with passwords in tact??  The goal is not to have to tell the 250+ users that they need to reset their passwords at once.

Thanks.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Jouni Forss
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi,

To my understanding you should be able to copy/paste the "username" configuration line as is directly from the old to the new configuration.

I am not sure if the parameter for each "username" have had any changes in format. But if they have I am pretty sure you can use find/replace in some text editor to easily modify large amount of configurations to the format that the new ASA supports

- Jouni

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

Jouni Forss
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi,

To my understanding you should be able to copy/paste the "username" configuration line as is directly from the old to the new configuration.

I am not sure if the parameter for each "username" have had any changes in format. But if they have I am pretty sure you can use find/replace in some text editor to easily modify large amount of configurations to the format that the new ASA supports

- Jouni

I swear I did that before posting this, but I must have missed something.  That worked.  Thank you

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card