Views
Helpful
Replies

updated SFR software on ASA5506 to 6.0 but problem with access policy creation

bezmalinovic
Level 1
Level 1

Hi All,

I just updated the the SFR software on the ASA5506 to the latest version 6.0, but when I try to create an access control policy it shows the following error:

SFR error.PNG

after you click ok, it just shows the access control policy page without any option to create one.
sfr error 2.PNG

Any suggestions to solve this problem?

4 Replies 4

Aastha Bhardwaj
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi,

Are you trying to add the rule on the default access control policy or a new access control policy itself?

Try adding a rule on the Default ACL and see if that works?

Regards,

Aastha Bhardwaj

Rate if that helps!!!

pzivotic1
Level 1
Level 1

Hello, i am having the same problem. I cannot create new policy nor edit existing one.

When i click on Access Control Policy, it only open default policy which by the way, doesn't apply to

device.In comparasion windows for policy, it is listed two policy "Sourcefire3d / default policy" and"default policy".Can someone shed a little light on this bug? 

Hi,

So its not actually a bug , until and unless you get some other error  , the issue is that even if you delete the policy from GUI , sometimes it is still there in eo_table and cql which causes this issue. We manually have to remove those.

That's why I recommended you to open up a TAC case .

Regards,

Aastha Bhardwaj

Rate if that helps!!!

Hello Aastha,

Thank You kindly for Your reply.Thing is i didn't delete policy from GUI nor CLI.After upgrade to Sourcefire 6.0 policy editor doesn't display.When i click on "Access Control Policy" tab,

only for a second policy editor come up and afterwards, it dispaly default policy.Problem is that default policy doesn't apply at all and before upgrade it did.

Regards

Petar

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card