cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Using Firepower-2110 only to protect internal vlans

tony.isaac1
Level 1
Level 1

I am looking for best practices regarding implementing a firepower-2110 only to protect my internal vlans.  I have 10 vlans that I want to protects from the other 20 vlans.  The firewpower will typically not have outside/Internet access.  Is it better to use subinterfaces, vni interfaces or something else?

Thank you,

2 Accepted Solutions

Accepted Solutions

Ruben Cocheno
Spotlight
Spotlight

@tony.isaac1 

I prefer to use subinterfaces and sometimes VRF's on the LAN where is needed, now if you need to follow compliance (e.g PCI, etc)  you might need to evaluate the need for physical segregation instead. Performance over Security is something that need to be weighted

There are a couple of Design considerations that you need to take into account, but only you can decide

Tag me to follow up.
Please mark it as Helpful and/or Solution Accepted if that is the case. Thanks for making Engineering easy again.
Connect with me for more on Linkedin https://www.linkedin.com/in/rubencocheno/

View solution in original post

config two zone, and traffic not pass between zone in FTD.
this make each VLAN groups can not connect to each other. 
it not matter if you config subinterface or VLAN

MHM

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4

Ruben Cocheno
Spotlight
Spotlight

@tony.isaac1 

I prefer to use subinterfaces and sometimes VRF's on the LAN where is needed, now if you need to follow compliance (e.g PCI, etc)  you might need to evaluate the need for physical segregation instead. Performance over Security is something that need to be weighted

There are a couple of Design considerations that you need to take into account, but only you can decide

Tag me to follow up.
Please mark it as Helpful and/or Solution Accepted if that is the case. Thanks for making Engineering easy again.
Connect with me for more on Linkedin https://www.linkedin.com/in/rubencocheno/

Thank you Ruben.

This information as helped me determine how I am going to configure my ASA network.

config two zone, and traffic not pass between zone in FTD.
this make each VLAN groups can not connect to each other. 
it not matter if you config subinterface or VLAN

MHM

Thank you MHM,

Thank you Ruben.

This information has helped me determine how I am going to configure my ASA network.

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card