Views
Helpful
Replies

V-Lans

ray_stone
Level 1
Level 1

Hi Experts,

I need your assist to sort it out V-Lans issue which we have just placed on Cisco ASA 5505 FW and doing testing but not able to find out the root cause:

Current Scenario:

1) V-lan 100 NOC 192.168.12.0/24

2) V-Lan 200 DEV 192.168.14.0/24

Prior to setup V-Lans we setup only one NOC V-lan and all client machine are located on the same V-Lan. Now I have created a new V-Lan (DEV) and opened all necessary ports to start communication between both V-Lans and everything is working fine except the following issue:

Issue: Microsoft Active Directory Server is located on NOC V-lan and assigned IP is 192.168.12.20 and when I connect my laptop on NOC V-Lan and setup a static IP which is 192.168.12.100 then I can rejoin the domain without facing any issue but other than when I connect with DEV V-lan and setup a static IP 192.168.14.100 then laptop doesn't join the domain. Now I have opened IP protocol between both V-lans and nothing is blocked and DNS is also being resolved and when I try to resolve the DNS then the logs are being created on FW. While i press enter to join the domain from client machine and the logs must be created instantly which are not being created. Could it be a inspection issue?

Request you to provide your inputs to get it resolved ASAP.

Thanks

2 Replies 2

ray_stone
Level 1
Level 1

Can anyone respond???

We need urgent support.

pstebner10
Level 1
Level 1

What do you have your MTUs set up to be? Also, I assume that you are trunking these VLANs? What is at the other end of the trunk? A partial config would help, too.

I never had to do anything special with inspection to get this to work, btw.

Paul

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card