Views
Helpful
Replies

youtube URL filtering

adamgibs7
Level 6
Level 6

Dears,

I have a query related to URL filtering, we have enabled a youtube for specific users and these were working fine,, in my other rule (  internet website allowed) I found the uncategorized category is also allowed which is not a good practice so I removed the uncategorized category and now the users who have been allowed youtube is not working what I sort it out was that there there are many advertisement sites opening with youtube which gets blocked and also youtube gets blocked with them, I enabled those with the youtube url but still it doesn't work, any hints how I can solve the issue.

thanks

4 Replies 4

Florin Barhala
Level 6
Level 6

What are you using behind: FTD or sourcefire and ASA?

Can you post some config maybe?

Dear Florin

I dont have the configs now for the specific rule but streaming media is selected in the url column and specific https://youtube.com has been mentioned, nothing else, if these 2 are selected in the url it doesnt work along with these 2 if i put uncategorize then the youtube works,

I dont know how we should solve this problem.

Here is the attachment for the configuration.

At this moment in time, I have no XP with ASA UTM capabilities so I cannot help.
What I can think of is to "tail the logs", meaning you enable WebFiltering logging then you replicate the issue then immediately check the logs, maybe there you can spot "the reason".
Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card