Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Comments
zivx
Level 1
Level 1

I tried to setup a virtual environment with 2960 switches and 2911 Router.

In one part of the network where I connected PCs directly to the 2911 Router, I was able to communicate to the attached devices, having configured static route.

In the the other network, I interconnected the PCs with switches prior to connecting to the router (2911). I have setup the static route just as in the smaller network but the PCs are not able to the reach each other beyond the router.

I have attached the network file. Can someone pls look at it and confirm what could be wrong with the setup.

Comments
Martin L
VIP
VIP

It works fine except PC 10 is missing something. if u not sure, check and compare with other PCs.

1st ping may fail due to ARP, you must re-ping.

Martin L
VIP
VIP

Remember: routers do know about their direct connected interfaces and networks. see routing table with show ip route table . If routes are there, there is no need to add static routes for those listed as directly connected. If route is not in routing table, then u must add static route or enable dynamic routing protocol with neighbor to get it dynamically.

zivx
Level 1
Level 1

@Martin L 

Big Thanks. I missed to configure the default gateway. I also tried to remove the not-neccessary static routes configuration as you advised communication. Everything works now. 

Martin L
VIP
VIP

glad to help

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: