Networking

Collaborate with peers and Cisco on all aspects of your network, including Cisco Digital Network Architecture (DNA), routing, switching, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel

“Webinar

Browse the Community

Cisco Catalyst Center

This community is for technical, feature, configuration and deployment questions. For production dep...

2409 Posts

NFVIS Solutions

Join peers and Cisco experts to discuss Cisco’s Network Function Virtualization (NFV) products and s...

12 Posts

SD-WAN and Cloud Networking

Join this community to interact with your peers and Cisco about SD-WAN and all things related to sec...

2284 Posts

Switching

Discuss Catalyst brand switches with peers and experts.

106627 Posts

ThousandEyes

Join us for information about our use cases, common troubleshooting, discussions, getting started gu...

181 Posts

Activity in Networking

LAN not communicating with WAN

Hello all!DISCLAIMER!!! I am kinda new to cisco configuration, this is my first ever router configuration and the router is a ISR-1100 series.I am tryng to setup an office network to connect to our datacenter via a L3VPN link provided by the ISP. The...

ruffwise_0-1728148262708.png ruffwise_1-1728148531807.png ruffwise_0-1728148501397.png ruffwise_3-1728149299001.png
ruffwise by Level 1
  • 7 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Pinging of VLANS (Core and Access Switch)

Have you ever experienced VLAN issues? I'm facing an issue where my laptop should be able to ping all VLANs, but it can only ping the VLAN it's assigned to.Here's what I encountered:1. I enabled IP routing on the C9500, but when I run the "show run" ...

what is the real trigger for spanning tree take effect?

greetings guys,sorry for raising this kind of old-school question.It seems it is usually said that whenever there is a physic loop, a spanning tree (whether 802.1d or 802.1w or whatever, as long as they are not disabled) will take effect and block so...

stp.jpg stp2.jpg
seanxiao by Level 1
  • 6 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

How are DSCP values set?

Hello,It's possible to identify QoS traffic based on DSCP values. For example, for the EF class, by using the command "match ip dscp ef". But, how is the correct DSCP value set for specific traffic?I know that with some applications, the user can hav...

a1111 by Level 1
  • 3 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

CS-2960x-48FPS-L switch boot loop

anyone to help with my switch, logging the following logs and rebooting automatically.before it reboots the syst and rps lights light amber and then the fan off the reboots!#model: CS-2960x-48FPS-L

Irimaso by Community Member
  • 3 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

IPV4 vs IPV6 discussion

Here and there, i see posts on the interwebs that invite crusaders for IPV6, and I don't think the position typically held during said conversations holds a mature enough perspective. I'm hoping i can get some views here with Cisco engineers and see ...

Clutz5250 by Level 1
  • 8 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

C1111-8PWA-WS mistakenly factory reset

I was having issues in setting up a C1111-8PWA-WS for the first time and decided to start from scratch.  Unfortunately I used the factory-reset all command instead of using a paper clip in the button on the back of the unit and now I am in rommon mod...

EIGRP and VRF Issue

Hi Everyone,I’ve set up a lab in GNS3 using the EIGRP protocol, as shown in the attached diagram.Everything was working fine until I created a VRF interface on R2.Now, I’m facing some connectivity issues:-Loopback 1 can ping and reach Loopback 2 but ...

EIGRP-VRF.png
ALI12 by Level 1
  • 10 replies
  • 1 Helpful votes

BGP Finite-State Machine (BGP FSM)

Hello, I've created a flowchart for the BGP FSM. Do you think I have to add or correct anything? The main goal is to learn the most important details.I've used the ENCOR OCG, and these sites:https://www.catchpoint.com/bgp-monitoring/bgp-stateshttps:/...

Pasted image 20241003173758.png
a1111 by Level 1
  • 1 replies
  • 1 Helpful votes

C9500-24Y4C Inoperable

I have a Cisco C9500-24Y4C that I setup a few days ago by creating a user and adding some vlans. I unplugged the switch and moved it to a separate desk to do further setup and testing with other devices. When I plugged it in the switch does not allow...

Questions about SD-WAN license for IR1101-K9

Hello, We are looking to deploy SD-WAN for the IR1101-K9 and would like to manage it through the Cloud. However, unlike other ISR models that offer both DNA-P-T0... and DNA-C-T0... options, we only see one license option for the IR1101-K9: L-IR-DNA-T...

quang-nv by Level 1
  • 1 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes
Share your Expertise

Level up by answering questions in your area of expertise.