Views
Helpful
Replies

Stealthwatch Appliance Registration problem

ZONGYUho80020
Level 1
Level 1

Hellow everyone,

I am wrong because of Stealthwatch's environmental IP deployment in my lab, so I adjusted the IP and gateway from the terminal console, and therefore the flow collector and flow sensor of the SMC contral manager console cannot be identified.

Then in user guid find use https://<ip>/lc-ast, can Adding an Appliance to Central Management to SMC, so I followed the steps of user guid and executed https://<ip>/lc-ast , Reset, but at the end of setup 6, the Appliance Registration Error the message will appear on the interface of Register your appliance.

After that, I enter the Central Manager console, then register the application is clean (not any application in Central Manager console), and then come back to Register your appliance, but there will still be an Appliance Registration Error message, and I am stuck here and cannot proceed to the next step.

After removing application from SMC, add back the removed application again, Can only remove application restore to initial state, can register back to SMC? I was confused by this question for a long time, (In the past, I always restore the application to the initial state. Re-register again, but it takes too much time), hope to get an answer, Thank everyone

The lab environment  Stealthwatch is virtual and install to ESXI , then version is v7.2.1

3 Replies 3

dcavalla
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hello,

seems like the appliance is still thinking it's being managed by the SMC. In the CLI there should be an option to force removal from Central Manager. If you can't find the option I would suggest to open a TAC case.

Hope this helps.

Dario

Hello

So you meen is CLI console have removal Central Manager the option ? or have some command in terminal console remove the SMC appliance?? Thank you

Best Regards

From the appliance you need to remove:

Type "SystemConfig". Press Enter.
Select "Recovery > RemoveAppliance