Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Comments
ITA Terms
Community Member

Description

1. Advanced Security Appliance (i.e. Cisco ASA 5500 Series Adaptive Security Appliances)

2. Adaptive Security Algorithm

3. Average Speed of Answer.

Complete Definition

ASA in Cisco ASA stands for Adaptive Security Appliance.

In brief, Cisco ASA is a  security device that combines firewall, antivirus, intrusion prevention, and virtual private network (VPN) capabilities.  It provides proactive threat defense that stops attacks before they spread through the network.

An ASA is valuable and flexible in that it can be used as a security solution for both small and large networks.

The Cisco ASA 5500 series is Cisco’s follow up of the Cisco PIX 500 series firewall.  However, the ASA is not just a pure hardware firewall. In brief, the Cisco ASA is a  security device that combines firewall, antivirus, intrusion prevention, and virtual private network (VPN) capabilities.  It provides proactive threat defense that stops attacks before they spread through the network. Indeed, it’s the whole package, so to speak.

Beyond being a firewall, the Cisco ASA can do the following and more:

• antivirus
  • antispam
  • IDS/IPS engine
  • VPN device
  • SSL device
  • content inspection
Comments
agadi
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hello team,

I am having trouble accessing SSH to my Physical ASA , SSH.i enable though but now sure why . can someone help me find the issue 

Result of the command: "show run | inc ssh"

aaa authentication ssh console LOCAL
ssh stricthostkeycheck
ssh 0.0.0.0 0.0.0.0 outside
ssh 10.0.0.0 255.255.0.0 outside
ssh 10.126.0.0 255.255.0.0 outside
ssh 10.126.111.124 255.255.255.255 outside
ssh timeout 60
ssh key-exchange group dh-group14-sha1

Siddharth Jaiswal
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee
If it is new deployment, you need to create SSH key by using command “crypto key generate rsa mod 2048”.

ashwaniyad
Level 1
Level 1

We have 2 ASA not connected in HA pair from past 7-8 months, so there is difference in config of the 2 boxes. When we connect them in HA, how the config synchronisation will work, will it delete the old config from standby box and replicate the confih from active unit or just replicate the missing config?? Any suggestions!

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: