cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

SDA Multiple Sites

Rich Yim
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

I learned from previous EFTs that we have to go for IP transit WAN Design for cases with WAN MTU issue. Then we have to use PxGrid for CTS across IP Based WAN.  In case customers can provide MTU support over WAN or even dark Fibers are available, can we have VxLAN Fabric Base WAN that CTS Tag can be carried over VxLAN?

I would like to know how is the current, 1.2.10 DNAC, design for Multiple Sites? Do we have automation for Transit Control node, and with Site local CP Borders in place for all sites and VxLAN Fabric Base WAN or our automation only just cover IP transit WAN?

Sorry that I have not refreshed hands on lab for almost half a year. I am quite out dated. Please advise. Thanks.

Regards,
Rich

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Scott Hodgdon
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Rich,

If MTU sizes on the WAN permit the additional VXLAN header, then you can use the SD-Access Transit option for a multi-site design. I recommend reviewing the following presentations on ciscolive.com in the On-Demand Library: BRKCRS-2815, BRKCRS-2825. Both of these deal with multi-site design and the various options for each, including the decision points as to when to pick one versus the other.

One of the advantages of SD-Access Transit with multi-site is that it automates everything between the sites including the creation of the Transit Control Plane node (this is used only in SD-Access Transit), the routing connections between the Border nodes and the Transit Control Plane node and the VXLAN encap / decap from a site to the SD-Access Transit.

Cheers,
Scott Hodgdon

Senior Technical Marketing Engineer

Enterprise Networking Group

View solution in original post

1 Reply 1

Scott Hodgdon
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Rich,

If MTU sizes on the WAN permit the additional VXLAN header, then you can use the SD-Access Transit option for a multi-site design. I recommend reviewing the following presentations on ciscolive.com in the On-Demand Library: BRKCRS-2815, BRKCRS-2825. Both of these deal with multi-site design and the various options for each, including the decision points as to when to pick one versus the other.

One of the advantages of SD-Access Transit with multi-site is that it automates everything between the sites including the creation of the Transit Control Plane node (this is used only in SD-Access Transit), the routing connections between the Border nodes and the Transit Control Plane node and the VXLAN encap / decap from a site to the SD-Access Transit.

Cheers,
Scott Hodgdon

Senior Technical Marketing Engineer

Enterprise Networking Group