Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

SDA Voice VLAN - Port assignment query

Hi All,

We are using the SDA Voice VLAN 2046 for IP Phones and found DNAC would not let me assign other ports (such as the Voice GW) to the Voice VLAN, so I had to assign them to the data VLAN instead.  Is there a good way to do this?   Would using a 'Trunk' port work?

I am also migrating a server to SDA that is trunking a VM into the Voice VLAN streaming multicast to IP Phones, and may make it easier if I can keep it in the same VLAN as the Phones.

Thanks

5 Replies 5

Hi
can u share here what u r trying to do? Voice vlan is always on the ports of type User Devices (Ip-phone, computer, laptop)
#sho deri int Gi1/0/14..
interface GigabitEthernet1/0/14
switchport mode access
switchport voice vlan 2046

It's also always on the ports with type of trunk 

Sorry I am trying to use the GUI host onboarding tab to manually assign switch ports for other UC devices such as Voice Gateways into the same voice VLAN the IP Phones are dynamically assigned to, however the GUI only lets me select data IP pools for the 'switchport access vlan' I need for these device types.

ok. i guess u expected that gui will let u to select vlan 2046 under Vlan Name (Data), right?

andydoesntlikeuucp_0-1702971305889.png

Correct, the the VLAN name (VOICE) is used for setting the 'switchport voice vlan',  that only works for IP Phones via CDP.

So the question is, it is possible to place other UC devices into the same Voice VLAN as the IP Phones?  So far I have been putting any Voice Gateways migrated into the Data VLAN.

jalejand
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Looks like you want to put a voice vlan in a port in th form of "sw access vlan x", being x the voice VLAN that DNA Center can only configur as "switchport voice vlan x", with no option to configure it as data vlan, is that correct?

If that is the case, you can always configure the port as trunk and setting up the native vlan (with a template) to be the one for the voice vlan. (basically, expecting untagged traffic from that voice vlan)