Views
Helpful
Replies

SDA WLC Hierarchy Placement

dm2020
Level 1
Level 1

Hi All,

I have a hierarchy that consists of a large campus with the setup as below. This will be a single fabric site at the London level. This all works ok, however I have hit an issue when configuring wireless. I have discovered the WLC and assigned it to building 1 as this is where it is located. All APs have successfully registered to the WLC and I have assigned them to the required floor. I can assign provision the APs in building 1 without any issues, however when provisioning the APs in buildings 2 and 3, they fail with the error 'APs cannot be assigned to Site's Floor 1' There are no Wireless Controllers in these Sites'

Global -> UK -> London -> Building1 -> Floor1

Global -> UK -> London -> Building2 -> Floor1

Global -> UK -> London -> Building3 -> Floor1

Whereabouts am I supposed to locate my WLC in this scenario? I thought that the above should work as the WLC is in the same site just a different building. I also tried to assign to the area level of London but DNAC produces an alert stating that I can only assign to a building or floor. Is this right as that would mean I need a WLC for every building?  

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

dm2020
Level 1
Level 1

I figured this out. When provisioning the WLC, I didnt select the AP locations that it should manage. By default it sets itself to manage Building1 and associated floors. I set this to the London level and now I can provision my APs correctly.

View solution in original post

1 Reply 1

dm2020
Level 1
Level 1

I figured this out. When provisioning the WLC, I didnt select the AP locations that it should manage. By default it sets itself to manage Building1 and associated floors. I set this to the London level and now I can provision my APs correctly.