cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

VIRL iso installation on bare metal

munkith_abid
Level 1
Level 1

I recently bought VIRL 1.3.296 product and downloaded the .iso file burnt on a dvd an boot the system from the dvd drive but all what I get a GNU GRUB command line interface instead of the Graphical Interface described in the virl iso installation tutorial. Can any one help me with details regarding this issue including the creation of bootable dvd.

10 Replies 10

Francesco Molino
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni
Hi

have you followed all steps? If yes, then your server has booted on the Ubuntu OS. If you access this server from a laptop in your network though http://x.x.x.x, you would be able to access uwadmin page and you’ll have the download section where you’re gonna take Virl Maestro program.

Maybe I missunderstood and then would you be able to share a screenshot of what you get which is not normal?

Thanks
Francesco
PS: Please don't forget to rate and select as validated answer if this answered your question

First of all thank you for taking the time to help out.

as far as the installation steps, I did follow them as far as it could get me, I get stuck almost at the early steps of preparing the bootable dvd disk. I think this is where I got it all wrong is how to make the boot disk out of the iso file. all what I have is laptop that meets the requirements, no network no server no nothing. It's running Windows 8.1 not Ubuntu. But I totally agree with you, it is not normal, because when I searched for it on google absolutely nothing related came up. I took pictures of the screen I get when booting from the cd and there they are.

thanks again. 

Have you even booted on the ISO (your USB or CD bootable)?
Are you trying to install it on a server or a machine? Be carefull with machines with UEFI boot.
I've not done any VIRL installation on physical machine but it should work.
Here another link to follow but it's straight forward.

Thanks
Francesco
PS: Please don't forget to rate and select as validated answer if this answered your question

Yes, I have this problem too!

I do have this problem. Virl installed. However, at this point I can only access UWM with another device on the network.

Hi,

You can or can't access UWM?
If you can, then from UWM, you can download VMMaestro on your laptop and you're ready to go.

Thanks
Francesco

I was able to download the windows version of VM Maestro on another device
on the network. I am working to resolve the web services verification to
upload a topology!

There is a feature UWM - System Tools has a console button which allows one
to connect or telnet into command line of device where virl was installed.

The default login/pwd for web services in vmmaestro is guest/guest

I don't understand what's your issue is with console

Thanks
Francesco

i needed to update local host ip address from default local host

Please share a screenshot of where you want to update the host ip.

Thanks
Francesco