Views
Helpful
Replies

NextUI Ring Topology

fmartinscosta
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I learned about NextUI on a Cisco DevNet Event and I found it perfect for a project I am working on. But I am struggling to get some things working. Let me enumerate my questions:

1. Can I set the node disposition automatically in a ring topology without having to define coordenate after coordenate (My network has over 100 nodes...)? If so, can you tell me how?

2. Can I update some node info without having to update the entire page?

3. The NextUI does not work on IE11.. yeah, I know, why am I using IE? Well the equipment management page only works on IE. The error it gives is something like "Object doesn't support method contains". I have searched around the internet and none of the solutions solved the problem. Is the a tweak for it?

Thanks in advance for any help!

Best Regards,

Fernando Costa

2 Replies 2

alzverev
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi Fernando,

NeXt offers a nice way to spread out nodes around a topology: force layout. We use this simple way of assigning coordinates instead of manual routine. Please take a look at the example: http://codepen.io/NEXTSUPPORT/pen/EgbLGg

Now, the item #2. Take a look at this simple example: http://codepen.io/NEXTSUPPORT/pen/ggEdpE

IE is not supported yet, but we are planning to do so.

Thank you,

Alex

Hi Aleksei,

The force layout (or other keyword) didn't worked for me. I had to define each coordinate for each node.

Regarding the "update node without updating the entire page", it did not work, I still have to refresh the whole html page.

But I am very annoying so I have a couple more questions:

#1 - I noticed that when defining nodes, one has to define id in sequential order without gaps. Example: I cannot have id 1,2,3,5; because if the 4 is missing it messes with all my topology. My questions is: can I hide a node and set it to invisible? I've tried the 'visible' and 'showicon' property with no success.

#2 - Can I expand the width of the tooltip so that text doesn't get 'newlined'?

Many thanks for helping me!

Best Regards,

Fernando Costa

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: