Can someone direct me on how i can upload the licence on Cisco WLC 2500 with version 8 ios.
Looks different with many materials that posted on Cisco web as most showing version 7 instead.
... View more
-Performed the RTOS recovery procedure. Steps are mentioned below:
First, make sure that the WLC has no valid image in either the Primary or Secondary partition. Use this method only as a last resort.
* Make sure that the WLC's service port (if 5508/WiSM2) or Port 1 (if 2504) has IP connectivity to the TFTP server
* Put the two images on the TFTP server
* Get on the WLC's console port
* Reboot / power cycle the WLC, and get ready to hit <esc> when prompted
* In the Boot Loader menu select "Manually update images"
* Load the RTOS image into the Primary (or Secondary) partition - whichever one is active
* Do not attempt to load AP images
* If prompted for "FP", load in the Cavium image
* WLC will reboot and will hopefully come up running the RTOS image
* This image will not let APs join as it doesn't have AP code. Only use this to install the desired production image.
* Reboot the WLC running the desired production image.
WLCNG Boot Loader Version 1.0.16 (Built on Feb 28 2011 at 13:14:54 by cisco) Board Revision 1.3 (SN: FCW1553L0FC, Type: AIR-CT5508-K9) (G)
Verifying boot loader integrity... OK.
[ ... ]
Press ESC now to access the Boot Menu...
Hit the Escape key now
Boot Loader Menu
1. Run primary image (Image not found) - Active
2. Run backup image (Image not found) This shows that there are no valid images in either Primary or Secondary partition, and that the system is configured to boot from Primary.
3. Change active boot image
4. Clear configuration
5. Format FLASH Drive
6. Manually update images
Enter selection: 6
init started: BusyBox v1.6.0 (2009-02-03 04:56:32 EST) multi-call binary
Mount failed for selinuxfs on /selinux: No such file or directory
starting pid 655, tty '': '/etc/init.d/rcS'
Use DHCP for ip configuration (Y/n)? n
Enter switch IP address: 192.168.1.100
By "switch", the boot loader means WLC
Enter switch netmask: 255.255.255.0
Enter switch gateway: 192.168.1.1
Enter TFTP server IP address: 192.168.5.157
You have entered:
IP Address : 192.168.1.100
Netmask : 255.255.255.0
Gateway : 192.168.1.1
Server Ip Addr : 192.168.5.157
Is this correct(y/N)? y
!!! WARNING updating using .aes or unapproved files will disable this unit !!!
Do you want to update RTOS (y/N)? y
Do you want to update Primary Or Secondary Image (P/s)? P
Enter filename for RTOS update: AS_5500_RTOS-220.127.116.11 RTOS update Done
Enter filename for FP update: AS_5500_cavium_main-18.104.22.168
Depending on your WLC model / boot loader version, you may not be prompted for FP update
FP update Done Do you want to update an AP image (y/N)? N
AP Images Not Updated Done.
WLCNG Boot Loader Version 1.0.15 (Built on Nov 23 2010 at 07:51:36 by cisco)
Board Revision 0.0 (SN: PSJ143806NP, Type: AIR-CT2504-K9)
(W) Verifying boot loader integrity...
... View more