Hi, I hoped that the problem would be resolved with firmware 22.214.171.124, but no, it was still there. After updating to 126.96.36.199, the router seemed to be working fine. After 2 days, I decided to reboot the router, just to see what happens. And the problem was still there, I was also locked out from my web GUI with the "You don't have permission to access /cgi-bin/ssi.cgi on this server." message. However, I have found some workarounds for this which I'd like to share with you. It seems that locking out from the GUI has something to do with VLAN configuration. Access from any VLAN except the default one fails with the abovementioned message. Where possible, I have configured all unused LAN ports to "untagged" regarding cisco's "default" VLAN (1). Connecting a notebook directly to one of those ports and accessing the web GUI from the default VLAN subnet worked. Now I am able to manage the router by going to the basement. This is the first workaround. Now it is getting really weird. In order to enable web GUI access from other VLANs as well, I had to do this (recommended in one of the posts in this thread): From the non-default VLAN, connect use SSH to connect to the CLI of the router (this works). Create a dummy VLAN by entering "interface vlan add 222". Exit CLI of the router. It was really unbelievable, but now I was able to access web GUI from the non-default VLAN as before! Entered the port management and deleted the dummy VLAN. The web GUI remained being accessible until next restart, when I had to do the abovementioned steps again. This is the second workaround. The whole problem It is definitely a bug, maybe cisco will find time to resolve it in one of next firmware versions.
... View more
I have the same problem. I wanted to be especially "clever" and tried to replace the default self-signed certificate with regular ones (signed with CA, correct host name, etc). I ended up with being locked out from the Web GUI with the message: "You don't have permission to access /cgi-bin/ssi.cgi on this server". From another thread I have learned that the problem may also arise if VLANs are configured. And I have configured several VLANs. Therefore I am not sure wheter the problem was caused by messing up with certificates or configuring VLANs. However, it seems that I can still access Web GUI from the Default VLAN (the one with the tag 1). Luckily, 2 ports on my router are not used and still have their default configuration (untagged VLAN 1). Connecting a notebook directly to one of those ports and accessing the router via VLAN 1 subnet did the trick: I was able to access web GUI again. I have upgraded to the latest firmware 188.8.131.52 and suddenly, the web GUI was again accessible from other VLANs as well. So I thought that the problem was resolved. But no, after rebooting the router, the problem reappeared. So my current status is that I must go with the notebook into my cellar every time when I want to configure my RV320. Luckily, it is not likely to happen so often, so I can basically live with that. I'd like to discuss this with cisco experts but I don't have the service contract, so I can't rise a TAC. It also doesn't seem to help much, because this issue seems to have existed in all 1.4 series firmware versions and was raised by many customers, but cisco still didn't find time to resove it.
... View more