Buscar en lugar de 
Quiere decir: 
cancel
Visitas
ÚTIL
Respuestas

AIR-LAP1252AG-A-K9 throughput

Dear All,

Anybody knows about the AIR-LAP1252AG-A-K9 throughput ?

How many clients can connect to this access-point concurrently ?

Do anyone already test it ?

I didn't find it in datasheet.

Thanks and Regards,

Rp

5 RESPUESTAS 5

Leo Laohoo
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame
How many clients can connect to this access-point concurrently ?

Theoretically, you can connect up to 1024 clients.

Ideally, no more than 25 clients per WAP.

Anybody knows about the AIR-LAP1252AG-A-K9 throughput ?

A WAP ain't a switch or a router.  Throughput is based on the radio standards.  How many clients per WAP?  What kind of traffic?  What is radio are you talking about?   Etc.

Do anyone already test it ?

Yes.  What are you trying to achieve?  All your questions are very "wierd".

I didn't find it in datasheet.

It is there.

Hi leolaohoo,

Thanks for answer, I just want to know the maximum clients while connected concurrently. Because some times my clients said the wireless connection is slow, when I check it in my WCS no more than 20 clients connected in one WAP.

So, based on your experience I think we should tune up our Wifi.

Which kind of datasheet you used ? I just found this link :

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/prod/collateral/wireless/ps5678/ps6973/ps8382/product_data_sheet0900aecd806b7c5c.html

Thanks and Regards,

Rp

Thanks for answer, I just want to know the maximum clients while connected concurrently. Because some times my clients said the wireless connection is slow, when I check it in my WCS no more than 20 clients connected in one WAP.

What kind of traffic are the clients pushing?

Hi leolaohoo,

Sorry to late response.

They will get slow when browse to internet / intranet traffic. Whereas the signal strength in their PC/laptop is Excellent.

It's sounds weird case. But It doesn't happen continuously, currently the system is stable and there is no complain from users. So, assume this case isn't a big issue.

Rgds,,

Rp

They will get slow when browse to internet / intranet traffic.

I'd check the Ethernet to see if you have overutilization of the copper link or line errors (duplex mismatch).  If you don't see anything, then disable 802.11b data rates.

If you don't see any copper link errors and you have disabled 802.11b data rates and the users are still saying they have slow responses, then completely disable 802.11b radio altogether (this will bring down 802.11 b/g) and will force users to jump to a high-speed 802.11a.

From there, check to see if you get any more slow responses.

If by this stage you are still getting slow responses, simultaneoursly compare wired to the wireless speed.