Visitas
ÚTIL
Respuestas

AP3802 Maximum Tx Power levels mismatch

JPavonM
VIP
VIP

Hi community,

We are experiencing a strange behavior with a deployment consisting in dual WLC3504 in HA SSO mode (AireOS version 8.3.141), with 35x AP3802-E-E and 4x AP3802I-E models, deployed in Flexconnect mode.

Two RF profiles have been created for 2.4 GHz and 5 GHz band in order to tune some parameters in such high density scenario and they have been applied in a new AP Group where all the APs belong. As external antenna gain is 8dBi and 10dBi respectively, we have limited the Maximum Tx power of the APs to 2 dBm in 2.4 GHz and 8 dBm in 5 GHz, thus steering the connection to the 5 GHz band manually.

The problem I see is that none of the APs has obey the Max Tx configuration in the 2.4 GHz radio, but in the 5 GHz it is working fine. After some researching I have found that every AP is reporting diferent Power levels capabilities in the 2.4 GHz radio (see the attached output).

The second incident we have detected has been during the WLAN survey. At first time, everything was working fine during the 1 hour walkthrough, but during a second pass, after modifying the Maximum Tx power for 5GHz band, some of the APs missed the 5 GHz radio for almost 40 minutes as recorded in Ekahau, but all of them were showing both radios up in the monitoring section from the WLC.

0 RESPUESTAS 0