Visitas
ÚTIL
Respuestas

Some clients not getting their IP address on 5508 WLC

aremirez
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hello,

I have an issue. Some clients are experiencing issues when trying to connect to my local network. We are using for security 802.1X

Some clients work and some fail, and on the next day the ones that fail are working fine and some of the ones that worked stopped working. I don't know let´s say i have 100 users and 30 stop working randomly each day. I don't know if the problem is the WLC.

I have attached the logs from on of the clients that failed, as i understand i believe it's a dhcp issue, but we are using external and it is operated by another person, so i need to be 100% sure it´s a dhcp problem on the other end or if it is something in my WLC.

Thanks

Tony

1 RESPUESTA 1

angvarga
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

Please take in consideration that you posted your question in the Spanish Section of the Cisco Forums.

Now, regarding your case, it will be necessary to check the configuration you have in your WLC, enable DHCP debugs as well and check the communication from the WLC to your external DHCP Server.

I strongly recommend you to open a case with TAC so we can check the entire authentication process of your Wireless clients and the DHCP messages when those clients are trying to connect.

Have  a good day.

Angel V.

Vamos a comenzar

¡Conecte con otros expertos de Cisco y del mundo! Encuentre soluciones a sus problemas técnicos o comerciales, y aprenda compartiendo experiencias.

Queremos que su experiencia sea grata, le compartimos algunos links que le ayudarán a familiarizarse con la Comunidad de Cisco: