Views
Helpful
Replies

3-node MSO Upgrade

Nikhil5
Level 1
Level 1

Hi Team,

In regards to MSO upgrade, I have been referring some documentation of Cisco and I did not get the exact answer. Please assist -

We are planning ACI Fabric Upgrade(3 APIC, 2 Spine, 6 leaf, 3-node MSO).

APIC - 4.2(1j) 

Spine/Leaf - 14.2(1j)

MSO - 2.2(2c)

Target Firmware - 4.2(7f)

I wanted to know, whether MSO upgrade is the first task or we can simply upgrade entire fabric and then MSO in the last. 

I did not find specific recommendation in the official upgrade guide.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Robert Burns
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

With your MSO running 2.2(1) or later, there's no longer any dependency on the corresponding APIC version - so you can upgrade them independently (any order).   MSO 2.2+ is "APIC version aware" and will only deploy features to APIC sites that support them.   This is documented in the MSO Install guide.  https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/switches/datacenter/aci/aci_multi-site/sw/2x/installation/Cisco-ACI-Multi-Site-Installation-Upgrade-Guide-221.pdf

Robert

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

prasadvi
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

The basic order of operations for upgrade is:

1. MSO
  2. APICs
  3. Leaves/Spines of physical Fabric

Thank you for your response. Is there any Cisco's reference document for this? It would be really helpful

Robert Burns
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

With your MSO running 2.2(1) or later, there's no longer any dependency on the corresponding APIC version - so you can upgrade them independently (any order).   MSO 2.2+ is "APIC version aware" and will only deploy features to APIC sites that support them.   This is documented in the MSO Install guide.  https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/switches/datacenter/aci/aci_multi-site/sw/2x/installation/Cisco-ACI-Multi-Site-Installation-Upgrade-Guide-221.pdf

Robert

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Save 25% on Day-2 Operations Add-On License