Views
Helpful
Replies

ACI Monitoring via Fault alerting/reporting

vv0bbLeS
Level 1
Level 1

Hello all,

I'm wanting to implement some ACI Monitoring with alerts, but not just for physical node ports or CPU or whatever, but for the actual Fault Instances created in ACI (like you would see in the Faults tab in the GUI).

I've read several Cisco documents about Faults in ACI, but I can't quite figure out if it's possible to generate alerts for ACI Faults in general. What I would like is to be able to designate certain Fault codes in ACI that I would like to receive an alert on, and then have ACI generate that alert as soon as the Fault:Inst object is created (whether the alert be via syslog or snmp or whatever). Is this possible, or is there documentation on best practices for ACI Monitoring and generating alerts? As a last resort I could hit the REST API periodically and look for the Faults I'm interested in, but it would be nice if ACI could generate something as soon as certain Faults I designate are raised.

0xD2A6762E
1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

mabushei
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi there, I believe you are trying to monitor a Specific Object Class or Fault Code and send the fault log messages to a remote monitoring server.

for that please refer to the below document, Monitoring a Specific Object Class or Fault Code section

https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/switches/datacenter/aci/apic/sw/all/faults/guide/b_APIC_Faults_Errors/b_IFC_Faults_Errors_chapter_01.html#Cisco_Concept.dita_4802c717-491e-42a8-9e1f-371ce3436efb

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

mabushei
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi there, I believe you are trying to monitor a Specific Object Class or Fault Code and send the fault log messages to a remote monitoring server.

for that please refer to the below document, Monitoring a Specific Object Class or Fault Code section

https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/switches/datacenter/aci/apic/sw/all/faults/guide/b_APIC_Faults_Errors/b_IFC_Faults_Errors_chapter_01.html#Cisco_Concept.dita_4802c717-491e-42a8-9e1f-371ce3436efb

vv0bbLeS
Level 1
Level 1

@mabushei great, I'll look into that! Thanks!

0xD2A6762E
Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Save 25% on Day-2 Operations Add-On License