cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Add endpoint to ACI simulator

nicmyswitch
Level 1
Level 1

ACI novice here. I have an ACI simulator v4.2(7l) set up with the "small topology". Everything has been configured with the defaults. We are looking to add both a local and remote endpoint for testing purposes. 

First question is it possible to add endpoints to the simulator? 

Second question is, if adding endpoints is possible, are there simulated devices that could be used? I'd like to find the easiest way possible of adding any kind of local and/or remote endpoint. 

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Sergiu.Daniluk
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi:

@nicmyswitch wrote:

You cannot simulate data plane with ACI simulator, so implicitly you cannot simulate EP learning. You can only simulate configurations in APIC or integrations with 3rd party solutions. I think, but not sure, you might get VMM learning work if you add a vmm domain. But not sure, I haven;t tested it. Maybe @RedNectar tested it and knows about this.

Cheers,

Sergiu

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4

Sergiu.Daniluk
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi:

@nicmyswitch wrote:

You cannot simulate data plane with ACI simulator, so implicitly you cannot simulate EP learning. You can only simulate configurations in APIC or integrations with 3rd party solutions. I think, but not sure, you might get VMM learning work if you add a vmm domain. But not sure, I haven;t tested it. Maybe @RedNectar tested it and knows about this.

Cheers,

Sergiu

nicmyswitch
Level 1
Level 1

Thank you for the response. And to confirm, there is no way to add a simulated device for testing purposes? 

I was able to add a VMM domain but it isn't what we are looking to do.

Correct, there is no way to simulate data plane in ACI Simulator.

nicmyswitch
Level 1
Level 1

Ok, thanks.

Save 25% on Day-2 Operations Add-On License