cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Adding new VLAN to existing VPC

LakshmiPrabu
Level 1
Level 1

There already exist a VPC profile and it is up and running. Now there is a requirement to add a new VLAN to this VPC interface.

Can someone detail the steps to do it

1 Reply 1

RedNectar
VIP
VIP

Hi LakshmiPrabu,

Welcome to the forum.

I think I understand your question, but the question is "Do you understand how the ACI elements are conneced to creat a VPC?"

And the answer to that question is slightly differentdepending on whether you are using the VPC to:

1. Connect Bare Metal Hosts (untagged)
  2. Hypervisor Hosts (tagged traffic)
    1. Using a fully automated integrated approach
    2. Mapping VLANs to Application EPGs, which is essentially the same as 3a below
  3. An External switch (trunk port - two methods)
    1. Mapping VLANs to Application EPGs
    2. Mapping individual VLANs to External Bridged Networks (L2 Outs/L2EPGs)
  4. External Router (must be a trunk port)

For the purpose of answering the question, I'm going to assume you are Mapping VLANs to EPGs, as in 2b or 3a above.

You said:

There already exist a VPC profile

By that I assume you have already built this (replace the word My with your naming) assuming the VPC is connected via interface pp on Leaf Switches 101 and 102 and you have used the naming standards for VPCs that I recommend here):

AccessPolicyChain-VPCs.jpg

But now you want to add vlan dddd and statically map it to say My-EPG

This is what you do while logged in as admin in Advanced mode (>+ means Right-click):

Step 1:

Fabric>Access Policies>Pools>VLAN Pools>My-VLAN.Pool >+ Create Ranges

Enter the range: VLAN dddd - VLAN dddd

Click SUBMIT

Now navigate to your tenant and map the new vlan to the EPG you wish to add, substituting your values where I have used names beginning with My:

Step 2:

Tenants>MyTenant>Application Profiles>My-AppProfile>Application EPGs>My EPG>Domains (VMs and Bare Metals)>+Add Pyhsical Domain Association

Physical Domain Profile: My-PhysDom

Click SUBMIT

Step 3:

Tenants>MyTenant>Application Profiles>My-AppProfile>Application EPGs>My EPG>Static Paths>+Deploy Static EPG on PC, VPC, or interface

Path Type: Virtial Port Channel

Path: L101..102:pp-VPCIPG

Port Encap (or....): VLAN dddd

Click SUBMIT

Step 4: Test your new VPC mapping which now looks like this:AccessPolicyChain-VPCs-Tenant.jpg

I hope this helps

Don't forget to mark answers as correct if it solves your problem. This helps others find the correct answer if they search for the same problem

RedNectar aka Chris Welsh.
Forum Tips: 1. Paste images inline - don't attach. 2. Always mark helpful and correct answers, it helps others find what they need.

Save 25% on Day-2 Operations Add-On License