cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Anyway to move EPG from one Application Profile to another under the same Tenant?

m1xed0s
Spotlight
Spotlight

Say I have two Application Profiles under the same tenant, AP_1 and AP_2. Both APs are under the same VRF. There is a Guest_EPG created/configured under AP_1 and there are live endpoints connected. I would like to move it to AP_2. 

Within APIC, I could use "Save As" of the Guest_EPG, delete it and then Post option to add it back to AP_2, but that is an interrupted change, right?

If so, Anyway to perform a hitless move/migration of EPG from one AP to another? 

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Robert Burns
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

There's no hitless way to move an EPG between APs.  The best you can do is script it to minimize the impact.  Even with your POST option above, this wouldn't work until you deleted the original EPG (see below).

Alternately if the EPG only contains Virtual (VMM) endpoints, you could just create a "new" EPG with the same name under the new AP, add VMM domain associate it to the same BD, add your contracts etc - then move your VM endpoints with the Migration Wizard (vCenter).  If you have physical endpoints (static path bindings) this wouldn't be an option unfortunately as you can't have static paths using the same VLAN to the same port for different EPGs. 

Robert

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

Robert Burns
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

There's no hitless way to move an EPG between APs.  The best you can do is script it to minimize the impact.  Even with your POST option above, this wouldn't work until you deleted the original EPG (see below).

Alternately if the EPG only contains Virtual (VMM) endpoints, you could just create a "new" EPG with the same name under the new AP, add VMM domain associate it to the same BD, add your contracts etc - then move your VM endpoints with the Migration Wizard (vCenter).  If you have physical endpoints (static path bindings) this wouldn't be an option unfortunately as you can't have static paths using the same VLAN to the same port for different EPGs. 

Robert

Most of my endpoints are physical...

Anyway, thanks for the confirmation.

Save 25% on Day-2 Operations Add-On License