Views
Helpful
Replies

APIC Controller initial setup

amsraj
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

We have 3 APIC Controllers + 4 Leafs + 2 Spines are deployed in test environment.  Everything was running fine. I ran below set of commands on 3rd APIC controller..

acidiag touch setup

acidiag touch clean

acidiag reboot

After reboot I have reconfigured the 3rd controller with same settings like OBM_IP/vTEP IP. I am not able to login to APIC Controller with admin\password and In UI it is showing 3rd controller is not available.

I expect : 3rd APIC Controller should  join the existing deployed controllers. Is that possible ? or I need to rebuild my entire ACI environment.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Rick1776
Level 5
Level 5
Can you see the other two via the APIC manager? Are they shown as fully fit? When you did the initial setup did you specify that your cluster would equal a total of 3 APIC servers? Sometimes I've seen it where someone accidently hit 2 instead the the 3rd will just sit in limbo. You can also just decommission the controller via the GUI reload it and try to add it to the cluster again.

Also you can you send the output of "show controller"

This is an excellent link for troubleshooting the issue.

https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/switches/datacenter/aci/apic/sw/kb/b_KB_Cluster_Management.html

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

Rick1776
Level 5
Level 5
Can you see the other two via the APIC manager? Are they shown as fully fit? When you did the initial setup did you specify that your cluster would equal a total of 3 APIC servers? Sometimes I've seen it where someone accidently hit 2 instead the the 3rd will just sit in limbo. You can also just decommission the controller via the GUI reload it and try to add it to the cluster again.

Also you can you send the output of "show controller"

This is an excellent link for troubleshooting the issue.

https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/switches/datacenter/aci/apic/sw/kb/b_KB_Cluster_Management.html

Thanks for your solution.
I have decommission the unfit controller via the GUI reload it.. Now I can see 3rd controller as available "healthy"

Awesome, glad it worked. Have a great day.

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card

Save 25% on Day-2 Operations Add-On License