cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Bare metal and VMM same EPG

ericgregg
Level 1
Level 1

Current environment contains a VMM domain with a VLAN pool that dynamically allocates VLANs in the range of 1501-1515.  The VMM is associated to an EPG name WKS and allocated vlan 1506 for the EPG.  My bare metal/physical domain has a VLAN pool of 100-200 and is set to static allocation.  When I add the physical domain to the WKS EPG the servers can only communicate with the BD SVI and not nodes in the VMM domain.  When I look at the client end-points under the operations tab on the EPG I see both end-points are marked with different VLANs which makes sense due to the VLAN pools.  I was told by the TAC DO NOT overlap VLANs in pools between physical and VMM.  If that is in fact the case, how do I get the two domains to communicate in the same EPG, or do I have to create separate EPGs?

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

problem resolved...  blew away the entire APP profile and rebuilt from scratch.  I can only assume that I missed a setting the first time around.  Thanks for the input tho!

View solution in original post

6 Replies 6

The EPGs are set to Intra EPG isolation : unenforced. 

Hmm, they should be able to talk to one another.

To your point I would create two separate EGP's groups one for VMM and the other for the Bare Metal and then create a contract between them to communicate.

Tried that and still doesn't work....  I have all of these EPG's pointed back to a single BD with a single subnet.  I broke it out further and added an additional VMM EPG.  Two different endpoints in the same VMM domain in different EPG's can communicate with each other.  I did validate the contract is IP any/any.  thoughts?

problem resolved...  blew away the entire APP profile and rebuilt from scratch.  I can only assume that I missed a setting the first time around.  Thanks for the input tho!

Thanks for sharing. Glad it's working

Save 25% on Day-2 Operations Add-On License