cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco ACI EPG

PTA90
Level 1
Level 1

Hello Guys, i'm configuration my ACI fabric, i created 2 EPG-WEB1 and EPG-WEB2 inside a BD with 1 subnet 1.1.1.0/24. i'm creating static endpoint and have some one parameter but i don'n understand as image below. Can anyone explain it to me? Screenshot (189).png

1 Reply 1

Sergiu.Daniluk
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi @PTA90 ,

When you are not sure of a configuration option, or a flag, or anything you find in APIC GUI, I would recommend using the question mark from the top-right corner of the frame. There you will find quite a lot of details.

In your scenario, it doesn't show a lot of information, but let's say it covers one of them (vep): 

The specific type of endpoint. The type can be:

• silent-host
  • tep
  • vep—virtual(static) end point for AVS

Silent-host - this is the universal concept of silent host - devices/servers/endpoints which do not announce their presence (using GARP) in the network.

TEP - this is a tunnel endpoint. not sure what is the use case for static TEP endpoint. It may be useful for ERSPAN sessions. I will research about this option.

However, why do you need a static endpoint? Unless you have a silent endpoint or you use AVS, the fabric will discover the endpoints natively.

Regards,

Sergiu

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card

Save 25% on Day-2 Operations Add-On License