cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Common Tenant

hamed1900
Level 1
Level 1

I know nthe purpose of common tenant is to share services between all other tenants.

My Question is, comon tenant is just created by default, it does not have a anything different to the other tenant which we create.

For example, I can create a tenant called "SHARED" and then use it to advertise default routes to all my tenants, am i right?

Thnaks,

HM

3 Replies 3

Tomas de Leon
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Common – a special tenant with the purpose of providing “common” services to other tenants in the ACI fabric. Global reuse is a core principle in the common tenant. Some examples of common services are:
a. Shared Private Networks
b. Shared Bridge Domains
c. DNS
d. DHCP
e. Active Directory

Just to name a few...

You are correct in later releases of ACI Firmware other Tenants can be used in a similar way as the Common Tenant.  The difference is not all objects are seen globally in the fabric from other Tenants by default.  You would need to have certain configurations to make things seen.

I hope this helps!

T.

Hello Leon,

you mention that in later releases of ACI firmware we will have common like attributes that allow us to provide shared services from normal tenants to normal tenants  (normal == regular tenants)
DO you have an idea when this feature is going to be available?

thanks William 

The capabilities for shared services in tenants outside of “Tenant Common” started in release 1.2(3m) or later.
I hope this helps.

T.

Save 25% on Day-2 Operations Add-On License