cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Configure ACI fabric

interfacedy
Spotlight
Spotlight

Hello, I try to configure nxosv9k as leaf and spine for ACI. After the ios is up, I found some ACI commands cannot work. The output of show version is like below. Anyone can talke a look at if this is correct ios? Thank you

switch# show version
Cisco Nexus Operating System (NX-OS) Software
TAC support: http://www.cisco.com/tac
Documents: http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/ps9372/tsd_products_support_serie
s_home.html
Copyright (c) 2002-2019, Cisco Systems, Inc. All rights reserved.
The copyrights to certain works contained herein are owned by
other third parties and are used and distributed under license.
Some parts of this software are covered under the GNU Public
License. A copy of the license is available at
http://www.gnu.org/licenses/gpl.html.

Nexus 9000v is a demo version of the Nexus Operating System

Software
BIOS: version
NXOS: version 9.3(3)
BIOS compile time:
NXOS image file is: bootflash:///nxos.9.3.3.bin
NXOS compile time: 12/22/2019 2:00:00 [12/22/2019 14:00:37]

Hardware
cisco Nexus9000 C9500v Chassis ("Supervisor Module")
with 7935396 kB of memory.
Processor Board ID 99RYDO1RYPJ

Device name: switch
bootflash: 4287040 kB
Kernel uptime is 0 day(s), 0 hour(s), 20 minute(s), 23 second(s)

Last reset
Reason: Unknown
System version:
Service:

plugin
Core Plugin, Ethernet Plugin

Active Package(s):

2 Accepted Solutions

Accepted Solutions

Robert Burns
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

The Nexus 9000v is not supported as a Leaf with ACI.  ACI switches are hardware supported only.

Robert

View solution in original post

Hi @interfacedy ,

Download the APIC simulator (Note: APIC simulator - it does NOT simulate the data plane of leaves and Spines, just the management plane) from here

What you CAN do with the simulator if you actually want to see real traffic is create a VMM Domain. Read this and this for more detail.

You will need a LOT of resources (at LEAST 32G RAM dedicated to Simulator) to run the simulator - plus a more if you want to do the VMM integration. See the Installation Guide.

RedNectar aka Chris Welsh.
Forum Tips: 1. Paste images inline - don't attach. 2. Always mark helpful and correct answers, it helps others find what they need.

View solution in original post

6 Replies 6

RedNectar
VIP
VIP

Hi @interfacedy ,

I think you already supplied the answer to your question in your post. Let me highlight it for you!

switch# show version
Cisco Nexus Operating System (NX-OS) Software
<snip>
A copy of the license is available at
http://www.gnu.org/licenses/gpl.html.

Nexus 9000v is a demo version of the Nexus Operating System Software
BIOS: version
NXOS: version 9.3(3)
BIOS compile time:
NXOS image file is: bootflash:///nxos.9.3.3.bin
NXOS compile time: 12/22/2019 2:00:00 [12/22/2019 14:00:37]

Forum Tips: 1. Paste images inline - don't attach. 2. Always mark helpful and correct answers, it helps others find what they need.

Robert Burns
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

The Nexus 9000v is not supported as a Leaf with ACI.  ACI switches are hardware supported only.

Robert

interfacedy
Spotlight
Spotlight

Thanks all. @Robert Burns I think you might be right. but why some people can simulate it? What device some one use for it? and sell it in ebay. I guess he use real N9K. Please see the below:

3.PNG

Hi @interfacedy ,

Download the APIC simulator (Note: APIC simulator - it does NOT simulate the data plane of leaves and Spines, just the management plane) from here

What you CAN do with the simulator if you actually want to see real traffic is create a VMM Domain. Read this and this for more detail.

You will need a LOT of resources (at LEAST 32G RAM dedicated to Simulator) to run the simulator - plus a more if you want to do the VMM integration. See the Installation Guide.

As Chris pointed out, only the "ACI Simulator" VM can simulate ACI.  The N9Kv does not.  The N9Kv is fine if you want to play with VXLAN EVPN (non-ACI), but that's it.  

Robert

interfacedy
Spotlight
Spotlight

Thanks all for your reply! "ACI simulator" include APIC and small fabric(one spine and two leafs). But it is isolated system. it means we cannot connect some devices such as server, other switches etc to the system. Is this correct? 

Save 25% on Day-2 Operations Add-On License